The Holidays can be a Great Time to Sell Your Indiana Lake House!
An Indiana Lake Home purchase makes a great family Christmas gift or may make sense as a year-end financial move. Surprising information about the holiday real estate market.
The holiday real estate market can be confusing! Many folks think no one is looking for a new home or an Indiana lake home during this time of year. After 27 years of selling real estate, I can tell you it is a good time of year to list, or continue listing, your Heritage Lake home. Here are some things you may not have thought about regarding holiday real estate sales.
1. Many home buyers have extra time off during the holiday season so they have more time to look for their new home. Especially those relocating to an area or those interested in an Indiana lakefront property as a summer home. They may want to be ready for Spring on the water or plan to surprise the family for Christmas! Other times it might makes sense financially to buy before the new year.
2. Because of the limited supply of homes for sale, sellers may be able to receive a higher purchase offer than expected.
3. Buyers looking for homes during the holidays are usually highly motivated to buy before the end of the year so they can get extra itemized income-tax deductions for mortgage loan fees, interest and pro-rated property taxes. The new tax credits from the economic recovery plan will play a part this year as well.
4. Festive lights and holiday decorations can help a home “show better.” Indianapolis is beautiful during the Holidays and draw many visitors to the area.
5. Because January is traditionally the month for transfers, having a home on the market at the end of the year can capture the transferees who may not be able to wait until the Spring to buy a home.